Regent Bilingual Primary School (its full name registered in Polish: Niepubliczne Szkoła Podstawowa Regent z oddziałami dwujęzycznymi w Elblągu).
Regent Bilingual Primary School was established as a result of transformation of Regent Junior High School following the changes in Polish Educational system.
Education in Polish primary schools takes place in two stages:
- grades I-III – early education,
- grades IV -VI, and from the 1st September 2017 grades IV – VIII on condition that in 2017/2018 students are recruited only to the VII grade. The VIII grade is done as the second grade of junior high class.
Educational offer for primary school students:
Teaching in grades I – III:
- individual pace of teaching for each student,
- class size 14 -16 students,
- developing students’ interests through participation in theatre plays, workshops, exhibitions, lectures,
- teaching English as a second language which children use fluently (10 hours with Native Speakers weekly): English Music, Art, Games and Talk. Children take part in various extra classes conducted in English in the form of projects designed by Native Speakers,
- learning Scratch programming,
- we guarantee peace and quiet and homely conditions,
- children’s physical activity is a priority for us (weekly classes at the swimming pool),
- homework is done during school time in the form of extra classes, on Fridays homework is done with parents,
- children leave coursebooks and workbooks at school,
- we take care of children from 6:45 to 17:00,
- the cost of meals is included in the fee – breakfast and lunch.
Teaching in grades IV – VI:
The schools offers teaching following the curriculum below only in the form of tutoring.
We offer the following modules for grade VII:
English – Language Class (biology and chemistry):
English – Language Class (with extended biology and chemistry) teaching is done both in Polish and English. There are 7 lessons of English weekly including Conversation classes taught by Native Speakers in small groups. Seventh grade students, in winter semester, have obligatory extra classes preparing them for biology and chemistry, these two subjects are taught partly in English and Polish. Seventh grade students, in summer semester, start studying biology and chemistry in English. Third grade students devote one English lesson weekly to prepare for Cambridge English exams FCE for Schools. Students follow special curriculum created by the teachers of subjects mentioned above. Students choose which second foreign language: German or French they wish to learn. Class size is 20.
Mathematics and Foreign Language Class:
Mathematics and Foreign Language Class (with extended Maths and English language programme). This profile is targeted at students who show interest in mathematics and technology and who wish to study English at extended level. There are 6 maths classes weekly – extended programme. There are 5 English classes weekly including Conversation classes taught by Native Speakers in small groups. Third grade students devote one English lesson weekly to prepare for Cambridge English exams FCE or CAE. Students follow special curriculum created by the teachers of subjects mentioned above. Students choose which second foreign language: German or French they wish to learn. Class size is 20.
Accreditation documents and school statutes: accreditation documents for primary school are the same as for junior high school.